What is My Membership Worth?
Your APCO Canada membership can save you money by providing discounts on event registration, training, certification and more. Check out how you can start saving with APCO Canada today!
- Discount on APCO Canada's Annual Conference registration | value - $100
- Reduced fees on APCO Canada events | value - varies by event
Training & Certification *
- Training courses and webinar discounts | value - $20
- Training manual discounts | value - $10
- Instructor certification upgrade discounts | value - $20
* Training discounts provided to Canadian Members through the APCO Institute.
- Free use (including resume builder) for job seekers | value - priceless
- Participating on APCO Canada committees | value - priceless
- Voting on issues affecting Canadian telecommunicators | value - priceless
- Discounts from partners such as ViaRail, Budget Car Rentals, etc... | value - varies by partner
What does APCO Canada do for you?
- The voice of public safety communications in Canada by participating on national decision making committees
Educating and Informing
- Provide a communications plan that is comprehensive, effective and flexible
- Offer an annual conference and trade show
- Provide seminars and supplementary education on a wide variety of current public safety communications Issues and interests
- Provide access to APCO Institute training opportunities through Canadian memberships
- Establish a venue for professional and personal development
- Produce “Wavelength” the Official Magazine of APCO Canada
- Host the website www.apco.ca
- Post and inform members of Public Safety Communications employment opportunities
- Provide a Recognition and Awards program featuring Telecommunicator of the Year, Team Award, Trainer of the Year, and Technologist of the Year
- Offer a bursary program for students furthering the field of public safety communications
- Investigate and identify a baseline of standards that exist within the public safety communications industry Organizational Effectiveness
- Serve the needs of over 500 members
- Provide an organizational plan that demonstrates leadership, transparency and effective business practices • Process new membership applications and renewals
- Provide online services and features
Supporting Strategic Alliances
- Provide an industry relationship plan that allows APCO Canada to strategically align with organizations contributing to public safety and mental health
- Represent APCO Canada membership interests through partnerships with British APCO and APCO International.
Who is working for you?
A dedicated, volunteer Board of Directors who manage a committee structure to ensure that you get the most out of your membership.
Email our membership committee here.